|Posted by Messiahs Truth on December 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM|
Christians do not intentionally worship idols, but have been duped into believing man-made holidays are an acceptable form of worship. The belief is that these holidays have been Christianized regardless of their pagan origin.
However, the Scriptures warn that we are to “learn NOT the way of the heathen” according to Jeremiah 10:2. We are not to worship our God in the same way the heathens worship their god; and we’re not to put any other god’s in His face.
“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:3)
How did Pagans celebrate this season before Christ was born?
• Raucous partying
• Gluttonous eating and drinking
• Singing, dancing and nocturnal orgies
• Merrymaking; singers & dancers (called the Mummers) dressed in costumes and traveled from house to house entertaining their neighbors
• Businesses closed
• Yule logs were burned to honor the sun
• Mistletoe used as a fertility ritual
• Holly berries thought to be food of the gods
• Evergreen trees brought into homes
• Holly, ivy and bay used for decorating shrines and other sacred places
How do Christians celebrate Christmas?
• Christmas parties
• Gluttonous eating and drinking
• Gift-giving (akin to consumerism on steroids)
• Special Christmas songs
• Christmas carolers entertain their neighbors from house to house.
• Christmas pageants are performed
• Nearly ALL businesses are closed
• Yule logs are burned
• Mistletoe is considered okay by many
• A special plant (Poinsettia) is used for decoration
• Evergreen trees brought into churches foyers and alters, and homes where they are decorated lavishly.
• Holly wreaths are used for decoration
The similarities are quite compelling.
Yes, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (paganism) everywhere you go…
What’s in your Bible?
Can you find Christmas in your Bible? No, you cannot because it’s not in there. It was introduced in the 4th century by the Roman Emperor, Constantine, as a way to encourage pagans to convert to Christianity. Although keeping the pagan customs and practices, Christian meanings were INVENTED for this holiday. They were told to worship the Son of God instead of the sun god.
Eccl 7:29, “Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright [righteous], but they have sought out many inventions.”
When men seek their own inventions and do things their way instead of God’s way, they end up “falling away” from the Truth.
Deu 12:30, “Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? Even so will I do likewise.”
We are created for His pleasure according to Revelation 4:11 and when you think about it, isn’t it rather arrogant for us to decide how we’re going to worship our Creator…especially in light of the fact that He’s been gracious and loving enough to tell us how to worship Him?
Rev 4:11, “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
If we are created for His pleasure, shouldn’t we at least attempt to find out what pleases Him? Are we pleasing Him and giving glory and honor to His name when we worship him according to man-made pagan traditions. He wants us to worship him in spirit and in truth…in the beauty of holiness.
John 4:24, “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”
Psa 29:2, “Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.”
Download the Full article Here: http://www.4shared.com/document/p54oOkeB/Idols_Idols_Everywhere.html
Read the chapter tiled, "Idols, Idols Everyehere" in Murline's book titled, "Let Yahshua Rock Your World."
Order the book, Let Yahshua Rock Your World here. www.MessiahsTruth.com.